Cervin2022 - Taboo obsessions and their association with suicidality in obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Date read: 2022-08-18
- Subject: OCD
- Bibtex: @cervin2022a
- Bibliography: Cervin, M., do Rosário, M. C., Fontenelle, L. F., Ferrão, Y. A., Batistuzzo, M. C., Torres, A. R., Damiano, R. F., Fernández de la Cruz, L., Miguel, E. C., & Mataix-Cols, D. (2022). Taboo obsessions and their association with suicidality in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 154, 117–122. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychires.2022.07.044
Having a lifetime diagnosis of depression, taboo obsessions and a general OCD factor were associated with suicidality in a large cohort of 1000 individuals [@cervin2022a].
- Suicidality addressed by yes/no on
- present suicidal ideation, lifetime history of thoughts that life is not worth living, lifetime history of suicidal ideation, lifetime history of suicidal plans, lifetime history of suicide attempts, relative attempted suicide, relative died by suicide
- n = 1000 split into exploratory factor analysis and confirmatory factor analysis in halves (n = 500 each)
- The full model accounted for 19% of variance in suicidality.
- Lifetime MDD 5.6%
- Taboo obsessions 1.9%
- General OCD factor 1.9%
Correlations with suicidality: Depression, general OCD factor and taboo obsessions strongest.